Elder Broadhead is serving a 24 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Veracruz, Mexico. This blog will be a collection of his weekly emails and pictures for his family and friends to keep up on his mission experiences.

Monday, March 19, 2012

March 12-19th, 2012

Hey guys!

Well first off I guess I should tell you that I'm still here at the MTC. Visas haven't come yet. But I'm thinking they will be here anyday! If they don't come today, the travel office is going to submit our names back to the missionary department and they will give us temporary reassignments which we should find out on Thursday. They will try and keep us somewhere around a Mexican consulate because we have to meet with them before they'll give us our visas. Consulates are in SLC, NV, CA, and then some in the east. I'm going to hold out for our visas until Thursday though. It's been kinda stressful.
Pops I think you should lay off the renovating and try and give your back some rest. It sounds like it is pretty bad. Of course I'm always praying for you guys. What are your other options to help it? maybe surgery? Maybe a new mattress like gpa? I hope that ends up helping him as well.
Ash I hope you got my letter, and Mom did you get the box that I sent home with Shelby Taylor? But that is really nice of you to go to the dance with that boy, ash. Regardless of how it went you did the right thing and Jesus Christ is glad that you did it. I'm so proud of you. All of our decisions come down to how much we love the Lord, the first great commandment, and you showed your love for Him by doing that.
Well one of our teachers left us this week. It was pretty sad. You can only work here as a teacher for three years and his time was up so he had to move on. We're going to have another teacher in his stead till we leave but it won't be the same. Which reminds me of a funny story. So we were late to dinner one night cause we were saying goodbye to him and when we got to the cafeteria our whole zone was like yelling at us to go to the front desk because they had called our names in our district over the loud speaker to go to the front desk. So we start jumpin for joy thinking that we got our visas, and we run up there with these huge smiles on our faces and the lady looks at a list and she's like oh yeah here are your names....oh it looks like you forgot to pick up your dry cleaning. Ahhhh it was such a heart breaker but pretty funny.
That's pretty cool about Ben's call. There are some mandarin speakers on my floor and wow it looks tough, lets just say I'm grateful to speak spanish. I'm sure Ben will do fine with it though. That's an awesome call to serve.
Well I don't have much to say, another week down in the MTC. I'm getting kinda antsy to leave this joint. I feel like there is only so much you can learn here then it all comes in the field. I'm going to have to work even harder every extra day here to try and keep up with how much I would be learning in the field. It's a little bit frustrating but I know that God has a plan and that there is a reason that things happen the way they do. Even if it is hard to see.
I love you guys so much and I hope that everything is going well. Have a great week! Stay on your toes cause you could get a call from me at the airport at anytime this week! love ya, stay classy!
-Love Elder Broadhead

No comments:

Post a Comment