Elder Broadhead is serving a 24 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Veracruz, Mexico. This blog will be a collection of his weekly emails and pictures for his family and friends to keep up on his mission experiences.

Monday, January 20, 2014

A Father's Last Letter

Dear Elder Broadhead,

Well son, I'm writing the last email to you as a missionary. It's kind of bitter-sweet. We have enjoyed watching you learn and grow throughout your mission, and have been proud to wear the mantle of "missionary parents." Our family has been blessed while you've been serving so faithfully, and I'm going to miss those extra blessings. And I know your life and the lives of many, many people in Veracruz and beyond have been blessed by your service. You've brought many souls unto Christ, and shown them the way of the Lord. Not all will remain faithful, but you have planted an important seed in their lives. Many generations of families will be blessed in the years to come because of your influence, and that should put a huge smile on your face!

I am grateful for the service of your mission president and his wife. I am thankful for the good influence he's been in your life, and I know you look up to both of them. I'm also grateful that they've looked after your well being and safety, and loved you like a son while you were in their care. Please tell them thank you from both of your parents. You have fought the good fight. You have left it all on the field. I hope you will have peace in your heart as you prepare to return home, knowing you did your very best, and served the Lord with all your might. He will bless you for the rest of your life because of your dedication. I can't even imagine all of the lives you've touched in two years - investigators, citizens, members, less actives, companions, fellow missionaries, your mission president and wife, and on and on.

Now the time has come for you to move forward with your life. There are so many wonderful experiences that await you as you move into the next phase of your life. Be excited for what the future holds in store for you. Your service in the church started many years ago when you were first ordained to the priesthood. You have always served faithfully, and I know you will continue to serve faithfully. The rest of your life will be spent in the service of others in one way or another, and I know in my heart that Heavenly Father has great plans for you. You are one of his valiant children, and He knows He can count on you. I have tears in my eyes as I think back on the life you've lived so far, and what a gentle and caring person you are. Thank you for being our son, and living your life in a way that you and us can be proud of. I thank God every day for the blessing of you being a part of our family. May peace be with you these final few days as you wrap up your mission experience. We look forward to being with you again, hearing of your experiences, and enjoying your spirit. Safe travels.

Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment