Elder Broadhead is serving a 24 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Veracruz, Mexico. This blog will be a collection of his weekly emails and pictures for his family and friends to keep up on his mission experiences.

Monday, February 20, 2012

February 13th-20th, 2012


Que tal familia!

Hey guys it sounds like everything is going great at home and you guys are getting a lot done! I love hearing about what you do during the week, cause I can picture you guys doing these activities and for some reason it usually makes me laugh. Just cause you guys are so funny. But speak of the devil I have a funny story for you, but I think you might've had to be there. Anyways, so we were eating dinner sometime during this last week and as we went to leave we all started putting on our suit coats that hang on a big coat rack while we eat. Then all of a sudden E. Stevenson, in my district starts yelling and getting all mad. So we go over to him and he's holding this huge stack of cookies in his hand and he says, "Hey who the heck put these cookies in my pocket, it's really not funny?" We're all like, well we didn't do it. But he's getting really mad about it for some reason so he marches over to the garbage and spitefully throws the stack of cookies away. Then we all start cracking up, which makes him more mad, because we look at his name tag and he is wearing the wrong suit coat hahaha. It was sooo funny, and the best part is that some other pudgy Elder had stashed a bunch of cookies in his pocket for a snack later haha.

Well anyways I had a really great week, I don't have much new to tell you. I'm still working hard but I feel like my spanish has kind of plateued a little bit. So we've planned two days this upcoming week where all we are going to speak is spanish, so that should help me get out of this spanish rut. We're picking up two new "investigators" tomorrow, so we'll be teaching four now. But this time they are going to be another companionship in our district. We'll teach one of them while the other Elder acts like a member, and then switch off. It's helpful because we've all come up with an 'investigator' character, usually someone in our own lives that we think could use the gospel. It will be good because it will help us understand how an investigator must feel in order to be converted. Also we'll understand better the role members play in the conversion process. Also I have a bit of a favor to ask. I'll be studying and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ this week (lesson 3, chap 3 in Predicad Mi Evangelio) and I was wondering if you guys wanted to study it with me this week, then send me your thoughts or teaching suggestions so I can get some different points of view (other than E. Wirthlin) and use them next time I teach it? It would be awesome and I think helpful to all of us. I'll keep telling you what I'll be focusing on each week so then we can study and learn together and we'll all be on the same page!

Well life is great on my end, I'm loving every minute! I'm sooooo excited to get to Mexico and I already am feeling something for the people there. One of the highlights of my week is after we attend the temple on P-day we have a few extra minutes so we help out in the luandry. One of the hermanas that works there is from Veracruz, and we love going and working and talking to her so we can find out about Veracruz and practice our spanish on a native. As soon as I found out that she was from where I am going, I automatically just genuinely loved this woman. It was a weird experience kind of, I can't really explain it. We are all can't wait to get to Mexico and we found out this week that they don't send American hermana missionaries to our mission cause it's too dangerous or terrible living conditions or whatever. Either way we were all feeling pretty manly when we found that out haha. One of my good friends Elder Curt arrived this week. It was really great to see him. He has this huge tongan companion haha it's so funny cause he's just a quiet skinny white redneck. It's pretty classic. I love the kid though.
I hope everyone has a fantastic week, I love you all so much and can't wait to spend eternity with you! Joseph Smith is a prophet and the restoration is real. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love Jesus Christ with all that I have and everything I do is based off of that love. I can't wait to share His gospel with people that have been needing it their whole lives. I love you guys and pray for you! Peace out till next week!

- Elder Grande Cabeza (Broadhead)

No comments:

Post a Comment