Elder Broadhead is serving a 24 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Veracruz, Mexico. This blog will be a collection of his weekly emails and pictures for his family and friends to keep up on his mission experiences.

Monday, March 12, 2012

March 5th - March 12th, 2012

Hey fam,

Thanks for the package and updates, loved it all. Glad to hear that you got the SD card, now send it back! I wasn't able to take any pictures at the temple walk yesterday, then I realized that I did indeed have another SD card, but I don't wanna take it out of the package yet haha. Dad why don't you ever go to the doctor when you need to! That sounds like a close call with your finger. Well mom I don't think I will be needing anything else before I go. I can get everything I need here. Thank you though. I will be sending home a box with some stuff that I don't need so I think I will do that with either Alex or Shelby Taylor. I'll include my schedule in the package so you can know what I have been doing here for nine weeks. So be on the lookout for that this week.

It's crazy that another week has gone by. I'm going to only be speaking spanish this week so hopefully that will prepare me a bit more for Mexico. Two new zone leaders got called yesterday, so this week we are going to spend some time "training" them haha. They will do fine though I'm sure. Well today was our last trip to the Provo temple. I won't be going to the temple much more. Especially if I get called to the new mission that doesn't have a temple. It was kinda sad. But like you say dad, I'm more concerned with the work of the living than I am with the work of the dead. I'm also really going to miss all these Elders, branch presidency members, and our teachers that I have grown to love so much. Our teachers are so awesome, I can only hope to be as knowledgeable as them after all this. But there's nothing I wouldn't give up to go and give people a chance to experience pure happiness. I can't wait to actually be able to watch the Lord change peoples lives through the gospel and the through the waters of baptism. It's real stuff we'll be doing that has eternal consequences.

Well we haven't recieved our travel plans yet. We should be getting them later today or tomorrow. It's so dang stressful. So it is possible that I leave sometime this week or next monday or tuesday. If that happens be expecting a call at any time of the day or night haha. Some elders flights leave at like three in the morning so I could call then. Other than that I don't have much to say. There is a ton that happens every week that is so awesome but it all takes too long to type out. Also there is at least one time during the week that I laugh hard enough to cry. These Elders are hillarious, especially Elder Davis. He is in my room, he's the other redhead if you wanna refer to the pictures. We've become really good friends he's such a good missionary.
That's about all I have, my next e-mail should be ''international'' if you know what I mean! Also tara and ash could take it down a notch with the drama don't ya think? I got like a nine page dearelder from tar about how some ghost was opening doors and what not. It was pretty funny. Got a good laugh.

I love you all so much, have the best week ever! Keep being great examples for me. Also I know the gospel is true!!! just in case you forgot ;)

Love Elder Broadhead

No comments:

Post a Comment