Elder Broadhead is serving a 24 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Veracruz, Mexico. This blog will be a collection of his weekly emails and pictures for his family and friends to keep up on his mission experiences.

Monday, March 5, 2012

February 27th - March 5th, 2012

Hey familia!

It sounds like the complete renovation of the house is going great. Thanks mom, pics of the whole thing would be awesome. Also dad that'd be nice if you would send me Mark's address. I think I need to send him a reminder note. Well before I forget I need of favor of you guys. We have heard that the Veracruz mission is going to be split!! It's crazy so I need you to do some research and then send me a dear elder ASAP por favor with everything you can find out about it! Dad, sorry if I wasn't clear but I will only get to call home if I get temporarily reassigned (heaven forbid) and leave before my next p-day. I'll probably just call from the airport though since I'm sure we won't have any trouble with our visas (I'm being more positive). Thanks for the tip with those pay phones, I definitely won't use my debit. Travel plans should be arriving this week!! Also thanks for your thoughts on gospel topics. Do you like studying with me or not?? Lemme know, but this week I will be focusing on plan of salvation and Christ-like attributes.

Well Elder Holland came to speak to us last Tuesday, and I'll tell ya what, it was amazing. Just the spirit of those bretheren is enough to knock a man flat on his butt. The talk was sooo powerful and motivating. He got right in our face and was yelling at us the whole time, but that's just his way, he's so bold. You could really tell he cared though and he was yelling with love as hard as that is to do. I love how candid the bretheren are when they are here with us. A lot different than general conference, which by the way is happening like my second week in Mexico, but they definitely joke around a lot more. You can really see what great men they are. I'm so honored to be able to share their title of "Elder" for two years. I have a lot to live up to. One quick story about Elder Holland when he came last Tuestday. We were doing some scripture study with him in the first chapter of nephi at the beginning of the BOM and he asked us "what was the people of jerusalems reaction when lehi started prophesying?" so a giant of an Elder stand up and proudly says, "they didn't like it" E. Holland proceeds to just bust up laughing and says, "well isn't that the scriptural understatement of the century! Mayble I'll use that in my next conference talk!" then he gets serious and looks at the dumb Elder straight in the eye and yells "as a matter of fact they wanted to kill him!" and then we all bust up laughing. Elder Holland is a pretty classic guy. So powerful.

Other than that it was a pretty routine week. I'm really feelin the pressure with my spanish now that we're getting so close. I feel like I know a lot, but I'm positive I'll be humbled in Mex. Yesterday I was watching an episode of the district in spanish and I realize I have trouble when they speak fast cause my mind can't work that fast yet. I'll be trying to translate the first part of the sentence in my mind then completely not hear the second part. Oh well I'm sure it'll get better. I'm soo excited though. Also a little nervous though to have the responsobility of real people's salvation in my inadequate sunburned hands. I need to work on my faith. Fear/nervousness is just a lack of faith. Also I'm skethed out about this our mission being split thing. Make sure to find out the boundaries if you can.

I'll be sending a box home with either Shelby or Alex Taylor before I leave since they both work at the mail room and I always see them. I have yet to encounter "biggie" so I can't send anything with her. I'll also be sending my SD card home this week probably.

Thanks so much for your love and support! I love you all so much! I really hope you have a great week! I Love you!!

-Love Elder Broadhead

P.S. if you see Ben Gruber could you tell him to send me a letter please. I haven't heard from him in like three weeks and I don't have his address. I'm kinda worried something happened.

also tell Ben Broadhead I'm pullin for him to get called to Veracruz. Two Broadheads, one country = a lot of skin cancer and a lot of baptisms!

No comments:

Post a Comment