Elder Broadhead is serving a 24 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Veracruz, Mexico. This blog will be a collection of his weekly emails and pictures for his family and friends to keep up on his mission experiences.

Monday, April 30, 2012

April 23rd-30th, 2012

Dear fam,
 
It's great to here from you all. I'll keep this short because the assistantes are coming to pick me up and I'll call tonight from the airport. It's weird being able to call so much right?? Anyways that's so funny that Steve and Amy and fam got to meet Elder Harris! I love that guy, i'm glad to hear that he got his visa too. He loved to make fun of me and how pudgy I was, I won't get to see him cause he is going to Oaxaca but that's still way funny. He'll be a great missionary.
 
We had a pretty good week here. The other elders in our ward had a baptism last night that we got tohelp out with. It was really good. It was really spiritual and a great experience. The members here are really great in Casa Linda. On saturday night the ward mission leader through a pechanga for us haha. It's like a party, but it was a surprise. They told us that they had invited over a family for dinner that they wanted us to meet and teach. So saturday night rolls around and we went over there ready to teach the restauration and we walk in and all of the missionaries and ward missionaries are there to yell surprise and we got to eat dinner with them all and stuff. It was really great. I hope the ward mission leader in Mexico is as good as the one here.
 
Well there's tons of stuff that I wanna tell you but I'll just do it tonight. I'm leaving any minute, today is going to be a lot of sitting around at the mission office. Boring i know. But they are trying to do transfers for this mission so I am just gonna hang around with em tell it's time to go to the airport. There is a lot of people I'm going miss here but I'm ready to get to Mexico. All the hispanics here keep telling me how good the food is and stuff. speak of the devil, i gotta go use an american toilet for the last time hahaha. peace out, I love you all and am glad for all of the support that you give me. Thanks so much for the package mom, we LB'd it in like five mins haha.
 
-Love Elder Broadhead

No comments:

Post a Comment