Elder Broadhead is serving a 24 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Veracruz, Mexico. This blog will be a collection of his weekly emails and pictures for his family and friends to keep up on his mission experiences.

Monday, April 2, 2012

March 25th - April 2nd, 2012

Hey guys!!

So yeah sorry I wasn't able to e-mail last week I was on the plane! Well this first week has been pretty hectic. I guess first off I should say what a conference right?? I think the Lord left me in the states so I could hear that in english. loved it. Also Mom, before I forget, I wanted to ask you on what date did we submit my visa papers? and also did we submit everything that they asked for? was the visa picture ok? Maybe you could call the conselate and see if they have my papers or ask what is going on? I'm just really kind of stressing out about this dang visa situation. I just am anxious to get to my mission in Mexico.
 
 
But on that note, texas is pretty great. I'm not gonna lie, it's a lot harder than I expected it would be haha. I thought we would be teaching a few more lessons and knocking doors a little less, but it is the other way around haha. So my companion/"trainer" is a fellow visa waiter and he has only been here for six weeks aaaah! Also his spanish isn't very good but he tries really hard. Actually my spanish is a little bit farther along than his so I am doing most of the teaching and contacting. It's been tough cause I can only understand about 50% of what people say haha. Also we are on bikes so I'm trying to make that adjustment as well. My bum is sooo sore. Since we're both so new we're struggling a little bit but we definitely try our best.

We live in an apt. with another companionship. Obviously the apt is only meant for two people so it's a little cramped. I sleep on a mattress on the floor. Oh yeah my area is called Casa Linda, it's in the city of Garland. It's pretty sweet here and all the hispanic people are mostly from Mexico and they're really nice. I haven't really met a lot of the ward yet cause we haven't had church but they seem great. We're teaching la familia Calixto and I really think that they will be baptized. They're so awesome. They have 2 little kids as well. The only problem is that he has to work a lot on sundays so getting to church is tough. Quick funny story, yesterday we got an invitation from this older hispanic lady in our ward for her "birthday party with water games" haha it was hillarious. She invited all of the missionaries that are in the spanish ward (8) but obviously we can't go. So last night we were tracting in her neighborhood and she drove by and was talking to us for a bit, and apparently, unbeknownst to me, we accidentally confirmed that we were going to go to her party haha. So now we have to make that akward phone call haha.

Other than that everything is going great I'm trying to learn the area and learn how to be an effective missionary. It's easier said than done, I'm glad I have the lord on my side. It sounds like things are going well at home. I hope our grandparents get feeling better. I love you guys and pray for you everyday, remember what's important in life then do what you have to do. Doing what the Lord asks should trump just about anything. Keep up the good work!
 
 
-Love Elder Broadhead
p.s. my address is 4640 Saturn Road Apt # 1605 Garland, Texas 75041
but since I could be leaving anyday I don't know if I would send anything. E-mail works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment