Elder Broadhead is serving a 24 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Veracruz, Mexico. This blog will be a collection of his weekly emails and pictures for his family and friends to keep up on his mission experiences.

Monday, April 9, 2012

April 2nd-9th, 2012

Hey Fam,

Thanks for the e-mails and yes, mom I got the package of candy, thanks so much! Needless to say it didn't last 24 hrs. I was undergoing some heavy detox from the unlimited food at the MTC to no junk food at all. My companion was like, "wow I thought your easter candy would last until easter!" Obviously he's still trying to get to know me haha. I hope you get some good info from the MRI dad, hopefully we can find a lasting solution for the pain. I'm glad grandpa got at least a little bit of relief as well. Also yeah dad my mission president here played basketball at BYU and he is very tall. He played in Europe for a little bit as well.

In answer to your questions I am using an old beat up bike, so I didn't have to buy one. It gets me where I need to go though. And yes I am living out of my suitcase.Yes, it is kind of hot here, it's Texas, but it's good prep for Mex. It's been bearable though. But yeah, the tornadoes were a little bit riveting. It touched down about two streets over from us. I had never seen a tornado before so that was a cool experience. There were a few scary moments but the Lord took care of us. All the missionaries were ok. It was hailing like golf balls and we couldn't go outside. But when the tornado was at it's closest, all the rain and hail stopped and it went completely quiet except for the tornado. That was really an eerie feeling. We were with the ward mission leader hiding under the canopy of a gas station, cause he's really pudgy and we were waiting on a pizza for lunch hahaha! But yeah people act really crazy when they're in danger, it was interesting to see. All the people of Dallas were going crazy, just scared out of their minds. So yeah now I can say I have experienced a tornado! Check that off the mission to-do list haha.

But the more important news is that we got 3 investigators to come to church yesterday! It was awesome. It's been so cool to see, since my companion and I are struggling with the spanish part, the Lord puts people in our path to teach that speak both. There's tons of hispanics here that don't speak any english, but the Lord gives us the ones that can help us when we don't understand them. It's really been quite a miracle. We are teaching this really solid kid named christian, he has such an open heart and he's willing to allow the spirit to work on him. He has so many questions, it's awesome to see. He came to church yesterday and loved it. Another thing I've learned since being here is that hispanics are so much more nice than white people. White people hardly ever let us in, but hispanics almost always let us in just cause they're nice.

Well there is a ton more that has happened but we have to leave for a training in a few minutes. It sounds like everything is well with ya'll (texas term that I can now proudly say) and I hope everyone has a good week and stays safe and happy! I love you all and think about you oft!

Love, Elder Broadhead

No comments:

Post a Comment