Elder Broadhead is serving a 24 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Veracruz, Mexico. This blog will be a collection of his weekly emails and pictures for his family and friends to keep up on his mission experiences.

Monday, April 16, 2012

April 9th-16th, 2012

Querido familia,
 
Hey guys thanks for all of the updates! Sounds like you all are plugging along without too many problems. Well it's been kind of a crazy week because I got my visa!!! I leave for Mexico on the 30th of April!! I got a call from the mission office last tuesday, right after we left the Dallas temple, informing me that I had recieved my visa and needed to meet with the consulate. So the assistantes to the president came and picked me up and I spent the night at their apartment. Then wedensday morning I met with the consulate. I felt bad because I had got my visa before my companion who has been here forever, but then the next day he got his as well. It was a relief cause then I could celebrate in front of him without guilt. I spent wednesday night at the assistantes apartment as well because thursday morning I had to go back to the consulate to finalize some things, and now I have my travel plans as well. I'm really excited! I don't leave until the 30th because that's when transfers are in Mexico and it will make things easier for the president down there.
 
Well it was a rough week with our investigators because we either had to drop, or got dropped by everyone that we were teaching except one guy! So we are doing a lot of finding and we taught a lesson last night to a family with a lot of potential that I'm excited for. I'm still having trouble understanding people, I think it's the Lord telling me that I need to listen more and talk less. So I'm going to try and listen better this week. We didn't have any investigators at church yesterday, it was a huge bummer. Cause we work all week to try and get people to come to church and the people that said they would come didn't show. It was a terrible feeling. I'm looking forward to this week and finding some more peoplte to teach. We have been getting the help of members to come out and knock with us cause we still can't understand to well. They don't really like it though so it is really frustrating trying to work with what we've been given. One of the funniest problems we have is calling people on the phone because it's even harder to understand them. My companion Elder Petersen hates it because he always gets nervous, freezes up and speaks non-sensical spanish, it's sooo hillarious. So then I have to like whisper things to say in his ear cause he can't think. My heavens its funny. When he leaves messages on the phone it's even more classic. They don't make any sense hahah. We try our best though. The Lord blesses us sooo much.
 
Well I would write more but i'm fixin to try and figure out how to send pictures so yall stop whining! So let me know if they come through.
 
I love you guys!! Hope you have a good week!
 
-Love Elder Broadhead



No comments:

Post a Comment