Elder Broadhead is serving a 24 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Veracruz, Mexico. This blog will be a collection of his weekly emails and pictures for his family and friends to keep up on his mission experiences.

Monday, April 8, 2013

April 1st-8th, 2013



Hey guys,

well, i´m here in tierra blanca, and yes it is incredibly hot haha. but i am really excited to be here. the ward is really great and the elders are willing to work hard here in the zone. it was also way awesome to see my old friends en tres valles yesterday when they all came to the steak center here for the conference. i thought i´d never see them again but there they all were haha.

we have 2 baptisms for this upcoming week, daniel and rocio. both of them have been going to church forever but they finally accepted to be baptized. it confirmed my testimony that todos have their time. We had a really good zone class this tuesday. i gave a training on asking for references and my companion talked about the ´goliaths in our mission. and on thursday we traveled to veracruz for the zone lideres counsel that was also really good.i´m not going to lie my companion is a little bit different but he is a hard worker and good guy and that is all i can ask for. obviously the highlight of the week was the conference. nana told me that scott went to the conference too, how is everything going for his baptism?

I really enjoyed the priesthood session, the stake presidente set us up a little tv so we could watch it in english, half the zone are gringos. But i sure enjoyed listening to the messages. I can´t even begin to describe how good it makes me feel to see and listen to president monson. I spend so much time teaching people about how important it is to have a prophet on the earth, and i have a pictue of president monson that you guys sent to me that i always use to teach that principle, that when i see him and listen to him it almost brings me to tears. i know that he is a prophet of god. last night our investigator david told us about how he felt when he listened to him as well. he said that when he listened to him he felt something different than when all the other speakers talked. i know that what he felt, and i explained it to him, was the holy ghost testifying to him that indeed president monson is a prophet of god. I love listening to the messages of elder holland as well. wow that talk on faith was powerful. I loved how he talked about the toddler and that when a toddler tries to walk and stumbles and falls, the parents aren´t going to get mad, they´re going to love it and congragulate it. It´s the same with us, god just wants to see us try, he knows we are going to fall. But it makes him happy to see the intent. I liked how elder holland said that god must get frustrated sometimes working with all of us imperfects, the church is led by a bunch of imperfect mortal men. I thought a lot about his message and it applies to me a lot. a lot of times i don´t do things because i know that i am not going to be able to do it perfect or because i am scared of failure. But the lord just wants to see me try my best. nothing is ever going to be perfect, even though i wish a lot of things would be. I just have to go forward with faith and do what i feel is right and what the spirit prompts me to do. I tried to pay attention to all of the invitations that were made in the conference. i have learned that we are the investigatores of the general authorities and i want to be a good one, so i am trying to take them up on all of the invitations that they gave us this conference. i am now waiting for the conference edition of the liahona to come out so i can study the talks a bit more.

This week i have also heard from a lot of my old friends. there is a new worldwide mission rule that we can now e mail friends from home. Dad and mom, you´ve mentioned a lot of times that you have been grateful for the friends that i have, i feel the same way. it makes me so happy to hear from them and know that they are doing good. i still have yet to hear from zac, do you know anything about him?
overall i am doing good and slowy adjusting the life here in tierra blanca. it´s different. dad i hope the injection goes well this week, i´m sure it will. i love you guys!!

love elder broadhead

No comments:

Post a Comment