Elder Broadhead is serving a 24 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Veracruz, Mexico. This blog will be a collection of his weekly emails and pictures for his family and friends to keep up on his mission experiences.

Monday, January 30, 2012

January 23-30th, 2012

Hey family!

Hey sorry about that I bet you were pretty dissapointed haha. I accidently hit send when I was typing the first half of my e-mail this morning. so here is the rest.

So it has been a really great week here at the MTC! Thanks everyone for all the letters and kind words it really means a lot to me and I still love getting mail it's awesome. Sorry about the questions Dad I like them I just don't have time to answer all of them but feel free to ask them I just can't gaurantee they will get answered haha. and I'll think about working on my capitalization ;) also thanks for the package mom that was really nice of you. I shared everything with the zone and they all loved it, especially your cookies. I'm definitely not starving here. It's good to hear everything is going well at home. Sorry about that transfer dad, I'm sure you'll do great at patrol. Change is usually good. It's also good to hear that you replaced the toilets haha. now maybe they can hold up to tara ;) Sorry about that chicken ash.

Time is really flying I can't believe another week has gone by. the quote around here is that the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. It is so true. Also sorry I didn't explain the investigator thing. It is actually a paid teacher that we don't know that just makes up a story and acts like an investigator so we can practice. But we treat them like they are real. E. Wirthlin and I are actually picking up two new investigators this week.

E. Wirthlin and I got the chance to bless the sacrament yesterday, in spanish of course. It was weird but good practice and pretty cool. Oh yeah, I guess the big news of the week is that E. Wirthlin and I have been called to be the zone leaders. Pretty crazy I know. It feels weird to us because we feel like there are elders that have been here longer that are better suited for the job. but if there is one thing I have learned it's that the Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the ones he calls. This is true or I wouldn't be on a mission! I know He will help us out with this new calling as well. All it really means is that we have to do a little more work and be a little more obedient and be a little bit better of an example. So we'll do what's asked of us.

 We have two main instructors here, one of which actually started out as our investigator, then became our teacher so he could critique and help us. They are both really great and I am learning a ton from them. Elder Wirthlin and I got a really spiritual lesson from Hermano B. that he just gave to the two of us. It was really great and he pointed out a quote in PMG from Elder Holland that said if you truly love your investigators and listen to them, the spirit will tell you what to say. So me and Elder Wirthlin are trying hard to have enough faith in that promise. I know that if we really listend and care, the spirit will help us overcome any language barrier. I'm confident that I won't have any more problems with my lessons from here on out. Hermano B. showed us that everybody needs the gospel, they just don't know why. Our job is to show them why they need the gospel in their lives, and the spirit will do the rest.

The devotionals here are also amazing. they get hands down the best speakers to come to the MTC. One of my favorite parts of the devotionals though is the hymns we sing at the begining. This week we sang come thou fount of every blessing and it brought me to tears. It is my new favorite song, i felt the spirit so strong when all us elders sang that, it was really awesome.

Other than that it has been a really great week and I am loving life here! It's tough but sooo worth it. I really love my district/zone and I'm glad we'll get to serve them a little bit more now being the zone leaders. We're all just counting down the days till we get to go to Mexico. I also know that I still have a long way to go before I am ready for that though. I love the gospel and at this point I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to share it. It will make people so much happier. I know that the atonement is the center of God's plan for us and that Jesus Christ can get us through anything we could ever imagine.

Well I gotta go lb some more food before class! Have a good week guys, I love you!

-Love Elder Broadhead

No comments:

Post a Comment